Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mother, My Play is Over



A Devotee's Prayer

The poem is about a devotee requesting the divine mother to take him back to her and give him the release from the cycle of births and deaths.



_______________________________________________




I might have insisted on letting me go and play
You might have told me not to think of toys of clay
But I must have troubled you not to delay
My escape to the world of play and relay.


You might have opened the lock
But might have pulled me back
I must have shaked vigorously my arm
Oh mother! I didn’t know the harm.


Mother, now I am tired of this play
Something on me grows and decays
I have to go to courts and pay
Penalties and endure punishments for errors in plays.



I come to play many characters
Sometimes a child
Sometimes a friend
Sometimes a husband.


But there is pain all around
Sometimes I remember you
And walk around
to find our house anew.


I know I don’t persist in my search
Sometimes, there is some other toy on the perch
Sometimes some disease catches me on the lurch
Sometimes some powerful persons catch and latch.


Mother, I am really tired of this play
I want to come and join our family
I realized my folly
I repent my escapade fully.

A guru told me a name as yours
and asked me to chant for hours
I am chanting and counting with flowers
Mother! Find me and take me back with your powers.


The poem is about a devotee requesting the divine mother to take him back to her and give him the release from the cycle of births and deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment